ACE is a proud school of the Leon County School District. Below are policies for our school and district.
Rules of Student Conduct
- Students must wear ID badges at all times.
- Students will report to class on time and remain the entire class period. Failure to attend on a regular basis may result in the student’s withdrawal.
- Students with vehicles are expected to park in the designated student parking area. (ACE campus)
- Students are expected to respect the rights and property of other students, visitors, and staff at all times.
- Discriminatory slurs, sexual harassment, vulgar, or profane language/gestures, loud, disruptive talk, provision of false information, and moral laxity will not be permitted.
- Defacement of school property is a violation of school board policy. All students are expected to refrain from behavior that is damaging to school property.
- Students are expected to inform friends and acquaintances not to visit them at school during class time unless prior approval is received from administration.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside of the classrooms unless authorized.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted.
- Students are expected to dress appropriately for a school environment.
- Possession or use of tobacco products, illegal substances, or alcohol is prohibited at all class locations.
- Alteration of grade reports, transcripts, cheating, and plagiarism shall result in student withdrawal from the program.
- Personal telephone or other electronic communication devices may not be used during school hours.
- Devices need to be placed on vibrate or turned off during class time.
- Must cover chest/breast and back (no cleavage allowed)
- Each strap must be 2 inches or wider
- Must not expose the stomach or back when both hands are placed above head
- Must not show excessive armpit area
- Must not be made of “see-through” material
- Skirts, Dresses and Shorts:
- Must reach beyond the tips of fingers when in standing position
- Pants and Shorts:
- Waist of attire must not fall below the waistline
- Boxers, briefs, bras/bra straps, etc. must not be exposed at any time
- May not be used for the purpose of covering inappropriate attire
Attire, Jewelry, and Tattoos
- Must not be sexually suggestive
- Must not feature crude/vulgar commercial lettering, printing, or drawings
- Must not depict drugs, tobacco, or alcoholic beverages
- Must not be indicative of gangs or gang membership
- Must not be sheer and/or tight to reveal underwear or body parts
- Footwear is required
- Medical/Cultural/Religious Attire:
- Is permitted if part of cultural activity, a religious uniform, or needed for medical reasons.
Email and Social Media
Under Florida law e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail regarding official business to the school or its employees. Instead, contact the District or individual employee by phone or in writing.
Neither ACE or Leon County Schools is responsible for the content provided on “related” and “promoted” videos that are accessible form our social media sites. These related videos and the comments expressed on them do not reflect the opinions and position of our school or Leon Schools.
Nondiscrimination Notification and Contact Information
“No person shall on the basis of sex (including transgender, gender nonconforming and gender identity), marital status, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, color, pregnancy, disability, military status or genetic information be denied employment, receipt of services, access to or participation in school activities or programs if qualified to receive such services, or otherwise be discriminated against or placed in a hostile environment in any educational program or activity including those receiving federal financial assistance, except as provided by law.” No person shall deny equal access or a fair opportunity to meet to, or discriminate against, any group officially affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America, or any other youth group listed in Title 36 of the United States Code as a patriotic society.
An employee, student, parent or applicant alleging discrimination with respect to employment, or any educational program or activity may contact:
Dr. Kathleen L. Rodgers
Equity Coordinator (Students) and
Title IX Compliance Officer
Leon County School District
2757 West Pensacola Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32304
Deana McAllister, Labor and Relations
Equity Coordinator (Employees)
A student or parent alleging discrimination as it relates to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act may contact:
Karin Gerold, 504 Specialist