ACE ESOL Orientation
Spring Semester: January 4 – May 24, 2023
Note: There will be no ESOL Orientation the weeks of
March 6 and March 13, 2023.
- Complete all pages of this online orientation and registration
- We will email you to schedule an appointment to come to ACE to complete the registration process
During your appointment at the school: (Prepare to stay at ACE for at least 3 hours during your appointment.)
- Pay $40 tuition and fees for the semester – cash or credit/debit card
- Take your photo for your student ID badge
- Placement evaluation to find the best class for you
- Confirm your class schedule
After steps 1-6 are complete, you will start class the following week!
Why study English at ACE?
- All our classes help you with:
reading, writing, speaking, listening, vocabulary, grammar, U.S. culture, and things to help you live and feel more confident here
- $40 per semester (The semester ends May 24, 2023.)
- Friendly and helpful teachers
- Fun and interactive classes
- Meet new people from all around the world
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at ACE
English classes for all levels
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday at ACE
English classes for all levels
Online with Teacher
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday on Zoom (computer or tablet only)
English class for all levels
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Preparation Class
- Learn English while studying and preparing for the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification exam
- This requires an additional class each Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- **Must be at least High Intermediate to join this class
Online Zoom Class
- We use Zoom for the teacher and students to meet together during class time.
- Use a computer or tablet with an Internet connection. Do not use a phone!
- Remember, it is class. Participate in the lesson.
- Dress appropriately – no pajamas or revealing clothes.
- Limit distractions around you.
- Keep your video on during class.
- Do not participate in online class while you are driving or in bed!!
- You must be able to access the chat box and to clearly see teacher presentations in Zoom.
We will discuss the class options more during your appointment at ACE, and you will select your class(es) then.
- Students must wear ID badges at all times.
- Students will report to class and remain the entire class period. Failure to attend on a regular basis may result in the student’s withdrawal.
- Students with vehicles are expected to park in the designated student parking area (ACE campus).
- Students are expected to respect the rights and property of other students and staff at all times.
- Discriminatory slurs, sexual harassment, vulgar or profane language/gestures, loud and disruptive talk, provisions of false information, and moral laxity will not be permitted.
- Defacement of school property is a violation of school board policy. All students are expected to refrain from behavior that is damaging to school property.
- Students are expected to inform friends and acquaintances not to visit them at school during class time unless prior approval is received from administration.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside the classrooms, unless authorized.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted.
- Students are expected to dress appropriately for a school environment.
- Possession or use of tobacco products, illegal substances, or alcohol is prohibited at all class locations.
- Cheating and/or plagiarism will result in student withdrawal from the program.
- Personal telephone or other electronic communication devices may not be used during school hours. Devices need to be placed on vibrate or turned off during class time.
- Masks are optional.
- Must cover chest/breast and back (no cleavage allowed).
- Each strap must be 2 inches or wider.
- Must not expose the stomach or back when both hands are placed above head.
- Must not show excessive armpit area.
- Must not be made of “see-through” material.
Skirts, Dresses, and Shorts:
- Must reach beyond the tips of fingers when in a standing position.
Pants and Shorts:
- Waist of attire must not fall below the waistline.
- Boxers, briefs, bras/bra straps, etc. must not be exposed at any time.
- May not be used for the purpose of covering inappropriate attire.
Attire, Jewelry, and Tattoos:
- Must not be sexually suggestive.
- Must not feature crude or vulgar commercial lettering, printing, or drawings.
- Must not depict drugs, tobacco, or alcoholic beverages.
- Must not be indicative of gangs or gang membership.
- Must not be sheer and/or tight to reveal underwear or body parts.
- Footwear is required.
- is permitted if part of a cultural activity, a religious uniform, or needed for medical reasons.
You must verify that you have read the School Rules on the Registration Form.
Watch the 4 required orientation videos below before completing the registration form.
The videos are all in English, and they speak fast. Don’t worry if you don’t understand everything. Try to get the general idea. If you have questions, please ask during your appointment at the school.
You must verify that you have watched the Required Orientation Videos on the Registration Form.
Complete the ACE Registration Form below. Click submit when the form is complete.
If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must be with you to complete the registration form.
Registration appointments will begin on Tuesday, January 10, 2023. You will receive an email from Maggie Ramrattan ([email protected]) within 2 business days with your appointment information.
ESOL Placement & Advising
If you have completed and submitted the required form, you have finished online orientation.
Have a great day!