All GED Testing is on a computer and registration is handled online at GED.com.
Registration for the GED®
Register to take the test at www.ged.com with a credit or debit card. The test has four subjects divided into separate exams. Each exam cost $32. If a retake is needed, the cost is $12. We recommend students consider taking one or two subject exams at a time to be thoroughly prepared and not tired before taking the next exam. Registration must be completed by midnight the day before the test.
Subject exams of the GED®
Reasoning Through Language Arts — 150 minutes (10-minute break)
Mathematics Reasoning — 115 minutes
Science — 90 minutes
Social Studies —70 minutes
At least 145 points are required on each exam to pass.
Additional GED® information
- Students may take the test one subject at a time in the order they choose.
- There is no residency requirement.
- Test takers should be comfortable using the computer and be able to type an extended response.
- Each subject exam may be taken up to three times without any waiting period between the tests. After the third time the test taker must wait at least 60 days to reschedule the exam.
- www.ged.com will provide available testing times
- Bring a driver’s license or government-issued ID to the front office (in Building 14) before testing begins.
- Qualified candidates can request accommodations for extra time, breaks, etc. Accommodations approval takes up to four weeks so plan ahead. Registration will be stopped while approval is verified. For more information on accommodations visit https://ged.com/about_test/accommodations/
- After students are notified by e-mail they have passed all four subject exams of the GED® test, they can order their FREE, official Florida High School Diploma from their www.myged.com account. Additional copies of the diploma or transcripts can be requested at http://fldoe.org/academics/career-adult-edu/hse/transcript-diploma-requests.stml
- You can also call GED Testing Services at 1-877-392-6433.